Phrasal Verb Generator 8
In groups, choose verbs and particles from the following boxes to make phrasal verbs. Which group can think of the most?
Find some phrasal verbs to fill the spaces in the following sentences:
1. I've ASKED AROUND but nobody seems to know what time the concert will finish on Saturday. Do you know?
2. Kelly and her friends argued because Kelly felt they didn't BACK her UP in the dispute she had with her high school.
3. CALM DOWN, mom! Don't get so upset, I said I'll be back by ten o'clock at the latest.
4. The local agricultural fair has been CALLED OFF due to many of the farm animals falling ill.
5. We were so close to finalizing the contract, but it FELL THROUGH at the last minute due to the customer having financial concerns.
6. Tom Law missed four days of school last month after his grandmother PASSED AWAY. The school sent a condolence card to the family.
7. Cabbage Patch Dolls were a type of cuddly doll that really TOOK OFF in the Eighties. Everyone went crazy for them!
8. "These batteries are dead. THROW them AWAY." "No, we have to take them to a proper disposal place. You can't put old batteries in the trash!"