Phrasal Verb Generator 7
In groups, choose verbs and particles from the following boxes to make phrasal verbs. Which group can think of the most?
Find some phrasal verbs to fill the spaces in the following sentences:
1. John ASKED Mel OUT only two months ago and they're already engaged!
2. On hearing the news of his mother's death, the boy BROKE DOWN and couldn't be consoled.
3. Mr. Griffiths, after you CHECK OUT of the Palisades Hotel, come straight to the Conference Center.
4. The two brothers GOT TOGETHER over a beer in a local bar and resolved their differences.
5. Liam, as a child, LOOKED UP TO all of his elder relatives, but it was his grandfather he had a special respect and love for.
6. The employment minister argued angrily with the trade union representative after he said that a strike couldn't be RULED OUT.
7. My brother hurt himself while he was SHOWING OFF on his new bike.
8. Jones missed the game after he got injured. His thigh muscle got torn while he was WARMING UP.