Phrasal Verb Generator 19
In groups, choose verbs and particles from the following boxes to make phrasal verbs. Which group can think of the most?
Find some phrasal verbs to fill the spaces in the following sentences:
1. "It doesn't ADD UP," the detective said. "In your alibi, you said you were out of town, but three people said they saw you in a bar near here."
2. It can take many years for hopeful actors to BREAK INTO Hollywood movies.
3. My husband loves STRIPPING DOWN old cars and then working on them for months until they look like new.
4. It's a very difficult job I'm asking you to CARRY OUT, but you will be well paid if you succeed.
5. They argued a lot before the wedding, but it all WORKED OUT well in the end and they're still very happy together.
6. One of the bride's family BURST OUT crying halfway through the ceremony, but we all carried on as if nothing had happened.
7. If we want to buy that company, we'll have to WIN OVER the founder. That old guy is the key to everything.
8. That painting STANDS OUT from all the others, doesn't it? It's fantastic!