Phrasal Verb Generator 18
In groups, choose verbs and particles from the following boxes to make phrasal verbs. Which group can think of the most?
Find some phrasal verbs to fill the spaces in the following sentences:
1. Being late so often is a very serious offence, Michael. I think you're ___________ the seriousness of the situation.
2. Let's ___________ that new restaurant near the bank. It's supposed to be very good. My sister went there last week.
3. We'll have to ___________ our summer barbecue because my cousin is getting married the second weekend of August.
4. The prime minister ___________ the severe criticism and refused to change his policies.
5. Due to heavy rain and dangerous winds, the baseball game was ___________.
6. My car's broken this week and I don't think I can ___________ it. I'll spend a fortune on cab fares!
7. Support for the plan ___________ when the cost became clear. Eventually, the plan was completely scrapped.
8. Greg, as captain, had the job of ___________ the five best players.