Phrasal Verb Generator 17
In groups, choose verbs and particles from the following boxes to make phrasal verbs. Which group can think of the most?
Find some phrasal verbs to fill the spaces in the following sentences:
1. After a long and bitter trial, the judge FOUND AGAINST the pharmaceutical company and ordered them to pay $5 million.
2. As a parent, if you threaten your child with a punishment you need to FOLLOW THROUGH with it or the next time, the child's behavior will be worse.
3. Alison only ever wanted to be an actress when she was young and was bitter at her mother, feeling that she had HELD her BACK from her dream.
4. Can you not start the game for a few minutes? I'd love to JOIN IN.
5. I checked over the e-mail. It's fine, except for the part about her being angry at the last meeting. LEAVE that bit OUT.
6. "Hey, BACK OFF! I've got a gun!"
7. Though the child was caught stealing money, he was LET OFF because his father knew the principal. It was a huge scandal.
8. When nobody OWNED UP to writing the insult on the whiteboard, the teacher made the whole class sit in the classroom during lunch.