Phrasal Verb Generator 15
In groups, choose verbs and particles from the following boxes to make phrasal verbs. Which group can think of the most?
Find some phrasal verbs to fill the spaces in the following sentences:
1. She only began her sailing course a week ago, but she's really ___________ it.
2. Why is the machine shaking like that? Quickly, ___________ it ___________.
3. ___________ the dog ___________ today, I think he's feeling a bit sick.
4. We ___________ on the interstate about 12 miles from home and had to call the breakdown truck to come and get us.
5. The two sisters argue in 30s and didn't speak to each other for 30 years. Everybody in the family was so happy when they finally ___________.
6. We've got a very long trip tomorrow, John. You'd better get to bed now as we're ___________ at 6:30 in the morning.
7. The new management team managed to ___________ the company's fortunes ___________ in less than six months.
8. Clara took a powerful painkiller just after lunch, but its effects ___________ by dinnertime.