Phrasal Verb Generator 14
In groups, choose verbs and particles from the following boxes to make phrasal verbs. Which group can think of the most?
Find some phrasal verbs to fill the spaces in the following sentences:
1. The three men ___________ from the robber when they saw he had a gun.
2. Heavy rain has forced baseball officials to ___________ tonight's game.
3. It took me many years to ___________ the habit of having my bedroom light on when I slept.
4. "You'll never guess who I ___________!" "Who?" "Our old teacher, Mrs. Monkins! After all these years."
5. Oh, the news is on. Can you ___________ the TV, I can't hear a thing!
6. I do love your little walking trips, Adrian, but you're ___________ me ___________! I'm not twenty anymore!
7. My favorite game is Alien Insanity. You have to ___________ all the alien cities and protect yours using robot dinosaurs!
8. Stop using a calculator all the time, Cindy! Can't you ___________ it ___________ in your head?