Phrasal Verb Generator 11
In groups, choose verbs and particles from the following boxes to make phrasal verbs. Which group can think of the most?
Find some phrasal verbs to fill the spaces in the following sentences:
1. The police in the west of the town BLOCKED OFF four blocks to prevent the public getting too close to the fire.
2. When certain chemicals are mixed together in the right circumstances, they can BLOW UP.
3. I never did FIND OUT who was knocking on my door late last night. I was in bed at the time and didn't want to answer it.
4. How long do you stay in bed after you wake? Do you GET UP immediately?
5. The children are really LOOKING FORWARD to Christmas this year. We're going skiing in Austria!
6. The group leader stayed calm when the weather got bad and told everyone to MAKE FOR the red light they could see on the horizon.
7. "The tank's going to explode," Riley shouted as the flames got closer. "SHUT OFF the gas. Do it! Turn the valve!"
8. If Jacob dressed more smartly for his job interviews, he wouldn't be TURNED DOWN all the time!