Personal Finance Gap Fill Worksheet
Choose the best word for each sentence.
approved assessed closing earnest escrow lien loan mortgage realtor title
1. John and Mary wanted to buy a house. They had saved up enough for the ________ money, also called the down payment.
2. The down payment would be kept in a(n) ________ account until the deal was closed.
3. They looked for a good ________, who would help them find a suitable house.
4. They also went to the bank to apply for a(n) ________.
5. They were ________ after the bank checked their credit rating.
6. They found a nice house, but it had a(n) ________ on it because the new roof had not been paid for.
7. Mary and John decided not to buy it, because they wanted a property with a clear ________.
8. They looked at another home, which was selling for less than its ________ value.
9. The owner accepted their offer, and a date was set for the ________.
10. Now John and Mary are home owners. They are happy to be making ________ payments instead of paying rent.