Number Expressions Gap Fill Worksheet
Many English expressions use number words. Choose the best word for each sentence.
eight fifth firsthand nine one secondhand seventh sixth ten third
1. The police questioned the suspect harshly, giving him the ________ degree.
2. I don't know what I can do about this. I'm really behind the ________ ball.
3. I sometimes buy ________ clothes at the thrift shop.
4. She was so happy when William proposed to her; she was in ________ heaven.
5. He's been on cloud ________ since he won the gold medal.
6. My doctor is so good; she seems to have a(n) ________ sense for diagnosing illness.
7. It's very nice of you to invite me to go to the theater with you and your husband, but I would feel like a(n) ________ wheel.
8. Veterans know the evils of war from ________ experience.
9. That restaurant is excellent; I would give it a perfect ________.
10. Selfish people sometimes say, " You have to look out for number ________."