Modals of Deduction Re-Ordering Worksheet
Re-order these words to make sentences that use modals of deduction. The first word of each sentence is a person's name.
1. Tony might be in his bedroom. Go and knock on the door.
2. Lynne must have seen that film. She's always watching TV.
3. Susan could have found out about that job from anyone.
4. Philip must have been here very recently. The oven is still warm.
5. Ben must be out. All the lights are off.
6. Carol must be very angry. She hasn't spoken to anybody.
7. Jenny can't be very smart. She failed every exam she took.
8. Pippa must have got the job. She's smiling from ear to ear!