Ir- Prefix Gap Fill Worksheet 2
The prefix ir- often means 'not'. Choose the best word for each sentence.
irrational irreconcilable irregular irrelevant irreligious irreplaceable irresistible irrespective irresponsible irreversible
1. Don't break that antique vase. It's ________.
2. I'm trying to cut down on sweets, but that cake was ________.
3. It was hard to stack the pieces of wood because they were all ________ shapes.
4. The couple said they had to get a divorce because they had ________ differences.
5. The man suffered ________ damage to his eyes from not wearing eye protection in the factory.
6. We won't talk about that now because it's ________ to our discussion.
7. The people didn't believe in God at all; they were ________.
8. The graduates were lined up in alphabetical order, ________ of their fields of study.
9. It was ________ to leave the car unlocked in the parking lot.
10. Doing ________ things is one of the symptoms of Alzheimer's.