Geography Definitions Gap Fill Worksheet
Choose the best word for each definition.
canyon delta heath mesa plateau prairie rainforest steppe tundra wetland
1. An area of level high ground is called a ________.
2. A flat-topped hill with steep sides is a ________.
3. A vast, flat, treeless Arctic region in which the subsoil is permanently frozen is a ________.
4. A triangular area of sediment deposited at the mouth of a river is a ________.
5. A dense forest with heavy rainfall, usually in the tropics, is a ________.
6. An area of marshes and swamps is a ________.
7. A large open area of grassland, especially in the central part of the USA, is a ________.
8. An area of open, uncultivated grassland, especially in Britain, is a ________.
9. A large area of flat grassland in southeastern Europe and Siberia is a ________.
10. A deep gorge, usually with a river flowing through it, is a ________.