Causative: Incomplete Text Messages
Brenda Swinson has asked her builder to visit her vacation home in the mountains of Canada and report to her about the problems he finds. The cell phone reception is very bad up in the mountains and he can't call her, just send a few text messages. But some of the messages come through to Brenda a little confused. Complete each text message.
1. Hi Brenda, arrived at the house few hours ago. Had a look around. House needs lOT of wORK doing to it.
2. You will have to have aLL the windOWS replACED. They're in terrible condITION.
3. Garden is a mess! You need to have one big oLD tree cUT down - it's rotten.
4. The pool looks okay. If you hAVE it cLEANED and repainTED it will be perfect.
5. The house looks shabby on the outsIDE. You need to HAVE it repAINTED, preferably white!
6. The stairs creak a lot, like a horror movie. Some old steps! Have THEM replaced. Local carpENTER said he'll do it.
7. You will have to have the whOLE house rewirED. It's dangerOUS now, don't play with electricity. Hasn't been done in decades!
8. The chimney is full of soot. Have it unblOCKED before the winter. There might be biRDS nests in there!