Adverbs Gap Fill Worksheet
For each sentence, choose the adverb that fits best.
actually cheerfully conscientiously convincingly gleefully happily precariously recklessly stealthily wordlessly
1. If you drive ________, you might have an accident.
2. The car ran off the road and stopped ________ close to a cliff.
3. Cinderella married the prince, and they lived ________ ever after.
4. Although the family didn't have very much themselves, they ________ shared with those who were in need.
5. The children laughed and shouted ________ when the clowns came in.
6. ________ I was just about to call you myself.
7. She just looked down and nodded ________.
8. The robber sneaked ________ into the house.
9. He ________ paid all his bills on time.
10. The salesman spoke very ________ about the merits of the product.