Phrasal Verb Generator 6
In groups, choose verbs and particles from the following boxes to make phrasal verbs. Which group can think of the most?
Find some phrasal verbs to fill the spaces in the following sentences:
1. Even though he was proved wrong, he absolutely refused to BACK DOWN.
2. There were two pilots on the flight to Australia and they CHANGED OVER after half the flight was completed.
3. Can you LOOK AFTER my cat for a few days while I am away on business?
4. The baby has been quite ill this week and yesterday, after dinner, THREW UP her dinner.
5. If the children PLAY UP while we are out Kathy, put them to bed and don't let them watch TV in their rooms, OK?
6. I have a splitting headache and I certainly don't FEEL UP to going to watch a concert.
7. There was a stupid man in the post office asking about the history of stamps. He HELD UP the line of people for fifteen minutes!
8. We both left university the same year and SET UP our own business called "Fluffy Fings".
9. Don't get him worried about money. If I were you, I'd PLAY DOWN the importance of getting the loan or he will panic.
10. The government should BACK UP their fine words about foreign aid with real increases in the money they give to the Third World.