Advanced Level >> Phrasal Verbs Worksheets >> Your students can generate a long list of phrasal verbs using two groups of main verb and particles. Which group can create the most authentic phrasal verbs? Followed by a gap fill exercises.
Phrasal Verb Generator 5
In groups, choose verbs and particles from the following boxes to make phrasal verbs. Which group can think of the most?
Find some phrasal verbs to fill the spaces in the following sentences:
1. First he buys the flowers, then the theater tickets. Then he gets all embarrassed when we ask about Mary. It all ADDS UP to them two going out I think.
2. Kathy was two hours late and we had to STAND ABOUT in the cold waiting for her.
3. Try and DRAW OUT the meeting as long as possible because we don't have the final budget plans yet!
4. The Americans PULLED OUT of the 1980 Moscow Olympics after the invasion of Afghanistan.
5. Because of this economic downturn, we may have to LAY OFF up to 100 people.
6. I never FOUND OUT about my wife's affairs until well after the divorce.
7. He got a lot of people to lend him money by MAKING OUT he represented an up and coming film company. Then he disappeared overnight.
8. And he MADE OFF with all the money he had been given.
9. The corruption scandal caused the resignation of three ministers and eventually, even the prime minister STOOD DOWN.
10. To help your heart Mr. Jones, I suggest you KEEP OFF all fatty foods for a few months.