Advanced Level >> Phrasal Verbs Worksheets >> Your students can generate a long list of phrasal verbs using two groups of main verb and particles. Which group can create the most authentic phrasal verbs? Followed by a gap fill exercises.
Phrasal Verb Generator 5
In groups, choose verbs and particles from the following boxes to make phrasal verbs. Which group can think of the most?
Find some phrasal verbs to fill the spaces in the following sentences:
1. First he buys the flowers, then the theater tickets. Then he gets all embarrassed when we ask about Mary. It all ___________ to them two going out I think.
2. Kathy was two hours late and we had to __________ in the cold waiting for her.
3. Try and ___________ the meeting as long as possible because we don't have the final budget plans yet!
4. The Americans ___________ of the 1980 Moscow Olympics after the invasion of Afghanistan.
5. Because of this economic downturn, we may have to ___________ up to 100 people.
6. I never ___________ about my wife's affairs until well after the divorce.
7. He got a lot of people to lend him money by ___________ he represented an up and coming film company. Then he disappeared overnight.
8. And he ___________ with all the money he had been given.
9. The corruption scandal caused the resignation of three minister and
eventually, even the prime minister ___________.
10. To help your heart Mr. Jones, I suggest you ___________ all fatty foods for a few months.