Advanced Level >> Phrasal Verbs Worksheets >> In these exercises, there is a list of main verbs such as come, go, back, set and so on. There is also a list of prepositions such as to, off, back, down and so on. Students use the verbs and prepositions to create the necessary phrasal verbs to finish each sentence.
Phrasal Verb Generator 4
In groups, choose verbs and particles from the following boxes to make phrasal verbs. Which group can think of the most?
Find some phrasal verbs to fill the spaces in the following sentences:
1. John TAKES AFTER his mother in many ways. They are very similar.
2. Before the ship could MOVE OFF, the crew had to wait for a late passenger.
3. Feeling bored in prison, a lot of prisoners decide to TAKE UP a new hobby or interest.
4. I lost my wallet but went to the police station where someone had HANDED it IN.
5. The most dangerous part of a flight is when the plane is TAKING OFF.
6. I had a few minutes and I was in the area so I decided to DROP IN/ROUND.
7. Even though this is a film about politics, the writer manages to WORK IN many references to football which I thought very strange.
8. He CAME INTO a lot of money when his rich French uncle died a couple of years ago.
9. The doctor was CALLED AWAY urgently while at the party.
10. I was so tired last night that I DROPPED OFF in front of the TV.