Phrasal Verb Generator 2
In groups, choose verbs and particles from the following boxes to make phrasal verbs. Which group can think of the most?
Find some phrasal verbs to fill the spaces in the following sentences:
1. We need to HEAD OFF/OUT early tomorrow if we want to catch the first bus into town.
2. And when we get into town, we can HEAD straight FOR the first bank we see.
3. She didn't manage to PICK OUT anyone from the line-up as she had forgotten completely what the mugger looked like.
4. I will never LIVE UP to the expectations of my father. I can do nothing right in his eyes!
5. Candles usually BURN OUT after about four hours.
6. When you get to the bank, don't stop, WALK ON for another hundred metres and you will see the chemist's on your left.
7. If you want to lose weight Brian, you need to CUT OUT most meat and all that chocolate you eat in the evening.
8. The sniper PICKED OFF the enemy troops one by one till they were all dead.
9. In this snow and ice, it's so easy to FALL OVER.
10. She wasn't interested in his money. She FELL FOR his sense of humour.