Advanced Level >> Phrasal Verbs Worksheets >> A gap-fill worksheet where students choose the right phrasal verb to complete each space in a sentence. On this worksheet, the verbs take, talk and turn are included.
Phrasal Verb Gap Fill Worksheet T-V
Complete this exercise by choosing one of the phrasal verbs given in the box below. Each phrasal verb is used one time. Sometimes, you must use a pronoun between the main verb and the particle. If this is the case, the required pronoun can be found in brackets after the space.
Remember the tenses!
1. I don't think I _________________ anyone in my family. I am completely different.
2. He won't pay that much for such a small car. Do you _________________ (him) an idiot?
3. She has only been sailing twice but has really _________________ it like a natural.
4. Are you sure I can't _________________ (you) coming to the cinema with me tonight? You'll really enjoy it!
5. Do you really think those two girls aren't identical twins? I can't _________________ (them) at all!
6. If you buy the car at the price we agreed on, I will _________________ the bicycle for free.
7. I won't invest in that new company because I don't want all my money to be _________________ in one risky business.
8. The plane _________________ in Miami at exactly 9 o'clock, and from there we go to my cousin's house.
9. She _________________ her old typewriter and got 20% off the new computer as a result.
10. I had only put the jeans on to _________________ (them) and the store detective accused me of trying to steal them!
11. With this hot and humid weather, I am finding it difficult to _________________ to my favourite radio station.
12. If the weather _________________ nice tomorrow, we can go for a picnic.
13. I warned you about making that costly investment. Don't _________________ me for help if it all goes horribly wrong.
14. We should try and get enough support together to _________________ this terrible proposal at the referendum.