Advanced Level >> Phrasal Verbs Worksheets >> Choosing from a table of alphabetically-grouped phrasal verbs that include see, speak and set, your class will complete this fill-in-the-spaces worksheet.
Phrasal Verb Gap Fill Worksheet R-S
1. There are many telephone services out there that try to REACH OUT to groups of people in trouble or despair.
2. The trade union presumed the pay negotiations would be easy, not RECKONING ON the management's refusal to pay anything more.
3. OK, Mr. Bryson. I will RING ROUND all the local carpet companies and see if they are interested in advertising with us.
4. I wouldn't RULE OUT the chance of those two getting married. I would say it's not very probable though.
5. His friends convinced him to RUN FOR mayor but he was humiliated in the following election.
6. If we use the heater in the pool every day, we will RUN UP a huge electricity bill.
7. Seeing the $400 price tag on that cell phone really SCARED ME OFF. I left the shop in shock!
8. If she hadn't SEEN THROUGH his dishonesty in time, they would have got married.
9. My dad so wanted to see the Rolling Stones live but we discovered all the tickets had SOLD OUT by the morning of the concert.
10. Driver! SET ME DOWN just outside the station. I can walk from there as I need to buy a newspaper.
11. I arrived at the formal dinner in a T-shirt and really SHOWED EVERYONE UP. It was so embarrassing.
12. Those pills were too strong and I had to go to bed to SLEEP OFF the effect. I felt so dizzy.
13. They saw all four books for sale in one shop for £5 and SNAPPED THEM UP immediately.
14. He should've SPOKEN UP more in a room that size. I was near the back and couldn't hear a word he said.
15. Did you hear about the burglar who was caught when he tried to rob a house from which the police were STAKING OUT another house opposite.
16. If you paint the wall blue, the sofa will STICK OUT too much. Paint it grey.
17. First my boss said I would have to work two evenings a week, now he is saying three. Why doesn't he just STICK TO our initial arrangement.
18. He drinks two litres of orange juice a day. He SWEARS BY its curative powers.