Advanced Level >> Phrasal Verbs Worksheets >> Choosing from a table of alphabetically-grouped phrasal verbs that include see, speak and set, your class will complete this fill-in-the-spaces worksheet.
Phrasal Verb Gap Fill Worksheet R-S
Complete this exercise by choosing one of the phrasal verbs given in the box below. Each phrasal verb is used one time. Sometimes, you must use a pronoun between the main verb and the particle. If this is the case, the required pronoun can be found in brackets after the space.
Remember the tenses!
1. There are many telephone services out there that try to _________________ to groups of people in trouble or despair.
2. The trade union presumed the pay negotiations would be easy, not _________________ the management's refusal to pay anything more.
3. OK, Mr. Bryson. I will _________________ all the local carpet companies and see if they are interested in advertising with us.
4. I wouldn't _________________ the chance of those two getting married. I would say it's not very probable though.
5. His friends convinced him to _________________ mayor but he was humiliated in the following election.
6. If we use the heater in the pool every day, we will _________________ a huge electricity bill.
7. Seeing the $400 price tag on that cell phone really _________________ (me). I left the shop in shock!
8. If she hadn't _________________ his dishonesty in time, they would have got married.
9. My dad so wanted to see the Rolling Stones live but we discovered all the tickets had _________________ by the morning of the concert.
10. Driver! _________________ (me) just outside the station. I can walk from there as I need to buy a newspaper.
11. I arrived at the formal dinner in a T-shirt and really _________________ (everyone). It was so embarrassing.
12. Those pills were too strong and I had to go to bed to _________________ the effect. I felt so dizzy.
13. They saw all four books for sale in one shop for £5 and _________________ (them) immediately.
14. He should've _________________ more in a room that size. I was near the back and couldn't hear a word he said.
15. Did you hear about the burglar who was caught when he tried to rob a house from which the police were _________________ another house opposite.
16. If you paint the wall blue, the sofa will _________________ too much. Paint it grey.
17. First my boss said I would have to work two evenings a week, now he is saying three. Why doesn't he just _________________ our initial arrangement.
18. He drinks two litres of orange juice a day. He _________________ its curative powers.