Phrasal Verb Gap Fill Worksheet M-P
1. To get to the station, MAKE FOR the gas station and ask again there. It's a bit complicated really.
2. He MADE OUT he didn't have any money at all - when all the time, his bank account had at least ten thousand dollars in.
3. We missed the flight because the bus was late and we weren't able to MAKE UP the time.
4. If you continue to talk during this exam, I will MARK YOU DOWN by 10%.
5. They had a great half-price sale at the shoe store today, but I MISSED OUT because I slept in till 10.
6. This city depresses me so much. I am thinking of MOVING ON.
7. The minister was forced to OWN UP to his corruption by the TV journalist and promptly resigned.
8. The government report into the accident was criticised heavily by the media for having PAPERED OVER the mistakes of the train company involved.
9. The spy managed to get into Russia by PASSING HIMSELF OFF as a nun at the border gate.
10. I PASSED OUT this morning on the bus. It was so hot and crowded. Everything just went black.
11. The street mugger escaped prosecution when the old lady failed to PICK HIM OUT at a police line-up.
12. He received three bravery awards for what he did and still tried to PLAY IT DOWN as something totally normal.
13. Three weeks at a French art school will really help me to POLISH UP my landscape skills.
14. We should PRESS THE GOVERNMENT FOR better access to information they hold about us.
15. If we PRESS ON at a good speed, we will reach the hotel before dark.
16. Hank's illness means we will have to PUSH BACK the starting date for the exhibition. We can't start it without him.