Phrasal Verb Gap Fill Worksheet M-P
Complete this exercise by choosing one of the phrasal verbs given in the box below. Each phrasal verb is used one time. Sometimes, you must use a pronoun between the main verb and the particle. If this is the case, the required pronoun can be found in brackets after the space.
Remember the tenses!
1. To get to the station, _________________ the gas station and ask again there. It's a bit complicated really.
2. He _________________ he didn't have any money at all - when all the time, his bank account had at least ten thousand dollars in.
3. We missed the flight because the bus was late and we weren't able to _________________ the time.
4. If you continue to talk during this exam, I will _________________ (you) by 10%.
5. They had a great half-price sale at the shoe store today, but I _________________ because I slept in till 10.
6. This city depresses me so much. I am thinking of _______________.
7. The minister was forced to _________________ to his corruption by the TV journalist and promptly resigned.
8. The government report into the accident was criticised heavily by the media for having _________________ the mistakes of the train company involved.
9. The spy managed to get into Russia by _________________ (himself) as a nun at the border gate.
10. I _________________ this morning on the bus. It was so hot and crowded. Everything just went black.
11. The street mugger escaped prosecution when the old lady failed to _________________ (him) at a police line-up.
12. He received three bravery awards for what he did and still tried to _________________ (it) as something totally normal.
13. Three weeks at a French art school will really help me to _________________ my landscape skills.
14. We should _________________ (the government) better access to information they hold about us.
15. If we _________________ at a good speed, we will reach the hotel before dark.
16. Hank's illness means we will have to _________________ the starting date for the exhibition. We can't start it without him.