Phrasal Verb Gap Fill Worksheet E-G
1. As a teacher, doing a lot of paperwork really EATS INTO my free time.
2. The governments of the western world should FACE UP TO their responsibilities towards the poorer nations.
3. Some European economies are FALLING BEHIND those of the Asian world where growth is often double the rate.
4. You two go ahead to the disco without me. I don't FEEL LIKE going out tonight. I am too tired.
5. She was attacked by two youths but managed to FIGHT THEM OFF successfully and call the police.
6. When your dad FINDS OUT what you did at school, you'll be grounded for a year!!
7. Thank you everyone for your attention. I would like to FINISH OFF by asking if there is anything you didn't understand.
8. The killer escaped capture because the police failed to FOLLOW UP important clues found at the start of the investigation.
9. She can't walk very well, but GETS ABOUT by using a sort of electric bicycle. Very hi-tech!
10. My husband GETS ON with my mother better than his own. It's very strange!
11. Some people still insist that OJ Simpson GOT AWAY WITH murder.
12. There's no way we can GET BY on this money. I will have to find a part-time job.
13. We got lost one time in Paris and it was so difficult to GET OVER to this old man where it was we wanted to go. In the end, we gave up.
14. When young, our son GOT UP TO all sorts of things at school and was consequently always in trouble. After the age of about 15, he really calmed down.
get away with
get up to
face up to