Advanced Level >> Phrasal Verbs Worksheets >> Students have a list of phrasal verbs from which they choose one in order to complete each sentence. In this worksheet, the verbs ask and break are included.
Phrasal Verb Gap Fill Worksheet A-B
1. I'm tired and stressed and the kids have been ACTING UP all day. They don't seem to know how to behave properly.
2. I met Harold in the supermarket. He was ASKING AFTER you and I said you were fine and really happy about this new job you've got.
3. I'll ASK YOUR BOSS OVER for dinner tonight if he isn't busy. It will make a good impression, don't you think?
4. If your boss accuses you of missing yesterday's meeting on purpose, I will BACK YOU UP by saying you had to do something for me.
5. I can hardly read this document. Go and BLOW IT UP so it is at least twice the size.
6. These statistics are too confusing. We need to BREAK THEM DOWN down into the four different seasons of the year for a clearer picture.
7. If someone phones me while I am in the meeting, I will have to BREAK OFF for a few minutes as I am expecting a really important call.
8. After the First World War, the Austro-Hungarian empire was BROKEN UP into several pieces.
9. Sales are up 10% on this period last year. We need to BUILD ON that if we are to save this company.
10. When I told her about her mother's illness being incurable, she BROKE INTO tears.
11. He BUTTERED UP the police inspector by buying his wife a nice present and complimenting his car, hoping it would help his son who was being held in custody.
12. The trade union leader may be a problem with these new conditions but Mr. Harvis seems to think he can be BOUGHT OFF with a few thousand dollars.