Advanced Level >> Phrasal Verbs Worksheets >> Students have a list of phrasal verbs from which they choose one in order to complete each sentence. In this worksheet, the verbs ask and break are included.
Phrasal Verb Gap Fill Worksheet A-B
Complete this exercise by choosing one of the phrasal verbs given in the box below. Each phrasal verb is used one time. Sometimes, you must use a pronoun between the main verb and the particle. If this is the case, the required pronoun can be found in brackets after the space.
Remember the tenses!
1. I'm tired and stressed and the kids have been _________________ all day. They don't seem to know how to behave properly.
2. I met Harold in the supermarket. He was _________________ you and I said you were fine and really happy about this new job you've got.
3. I'll _________________ (your boss) for dinner tonight if he isn't busy. It will make a good impression, don't you think?
4. If your boss accuses you of missing yesterday's meeting on purpose, I will _________________ (you) by saying you had to do something for me.
5. I can hardly read this document. Go and _________________ (it) so it is at least twice the size.
6. These statistics are too confusing. We need to _________________ (them) down into the four different seasons of the year for a clearer picture.
7. If someone phones me while I am in the meeting, I will have to _________________ for a few minutes as I am expecting a really important call.
8. After the First World War, the Austro-Hungarian empire was _________________ into several pieces.
9. Sales are up 10% on this period last year. We need to _________________ that if we are to save this company.
10. When I told her about her mother's illness being incurable, she _________________ tears.
11. He _________________ the police inspector by buying his wife a nice present and complimenting his car, hoping it would help his son who was being held in custody.
12. The trade union leader may be a problem with these new conditions but Mr. Harvis seems to think he can be _________________ with a few thousand dollars.