Phrasal Verbs With "Turn"
For each space in each sentence, use the verb turn with one of the prepositions from the box.
1. __TURN OFF__ the main road at the church and then take that country lane for about two kilometres. You will find us on the right, near the river.
2. I don't know how many people __TURNED UP__ for the concert but the park was really crowded.
3. They __TURNED DOWN__ my application for the job saying I was too old.
4. We are appealing to the public to __TURN IN__ this dangerous man if you are sheltering him. Nobody is safe unless we can capture him.
5. You forgot to __TURN OFF__ the heater last night and the house was like a sauna when I got up this morning.
6. She will never __TURN OVER__ the business to Mr. Jones. He is her biggest enemy and would hate to see him get the company.
7. If you continue with this course of action, don't think you can __TURN TO__ me when things go wrong.
8. I was sure I had lost my keys but they __TURNED UP__ on the kitchen table. It was very strange.
9. If you don't __TURN DOWN__ that music, I will come in there and unplug the stereo!
10. Jeannie was such a nice girl. I wonder why she has __TURNED INTO__ such a vindictive little monster. I blame her parents.