Phrasal Verbs With "Take"
For each space in each sentence, use the verb take with one of the prepositions from the box.
1. Don't be __TAKEN ABACK__ if I start talking in my sleep. I've done it since I was a small child and the doctors say it's harmless.
2. If you don't __TAKE BACK__ what you said to my wife, I will have to sack you. She was hugely offended.
3. I was busy __TAKING OFF__ my father and making everyone laugh when he entered the room. I didn't see him and continued my impersonation. So embarrassing!
4. The car didn't stop at the scene of the accident but fortunately, someone managed to __TAKE DOWN__ the number and the police are looking for the vehicle now.
5. If you __TAKE UP__ tennis, you will feel healthier and get to meet new people too.
6. The old woman was __TAKEN IN__ by the tricksters who said they were there to check for a gas leak, but then stole the woman's silver collection.
7. They agreed to __TAKE ME ON__ (me) only if I agreed to a short-term contract till Christmas.
8. Microsoft really __TOOK OFF__ as a company when they developed the Windows software.
9. It seemed unfair that my father would return home from work exhausted and __TAKE IT OUT__ (it) on us poor children. That's what I remember most from my childhood.
10. They look very alike but they also __TAKE AFTER__ each other so it's even harder to tell them apart.
11. Do you want me to __TAKE YOU THROUGH__ (you) the procedure again so that you can do it on your own next time.
12. I __TOOK YOU FOR__ (you) a generous, kind-hearted person, but now I see I was sadly mistaken.