Phrasal Verbs With "Set"
For each space in each sentence, use the verb set with one of the prepositions from the box.
1. If we _________________ early, we should arrive in New York by lunchtime.
2. We need to _________________ this task with great care. One mistake could cost us hours.
3. _________________ (me) just near the post office and I can walk from there.
4. What a lovely new car you've got! I bet that _________________ (you) a huge amount of money.
5. The government needs to be careful that this recession doesn't _________________ for many years or this country's economy will be permanently damaged.
6. My uncle is a bit eccentric and _________________ (his watch) the first train of the day. He says it's never been late in thirty years!
7. They _________________ business together only last August but then they argued over money and have now dissolved the company.
8. The thieves _________________ the bomb to open the safe, only to discover that it was empty and the police were waiting for them outside the bank.