Phrasal Verbs With "Put"
For each space in each sentence, use the verb put with one of the prepositions from the box.
1. We had to have our favourite cat ___PUT DOWN___ last week. It was too ill and was suffering terribly.
2. I like this cake but don't give me too much or it'll just __PUT ME OFF__ (me) completely.
3. Why don't you treat me with respect and not spend so much time __PUTTING ME DOWN__ (me)?
4. You don't ___PUT ACROSS___ your point very well in this paragraph. I think you should rewrite it.
5. My son really __PUT US THROUGH__ (us) hell when he was about 15. Always in trouble with the school and the police. Now he is an absolute angel.
6. But in those couple of years, I just couldn't __PUT UP WITH__ him!
7. He confessed to the murder and the judge __PUT HIM AWAY__ (him) for twenty years.
8. James ___PUT FORWARD___ the idea of selling the shares so he should get the credit, not me.
9. It was my boss who __PUT OUT__ the story about me being pregnant. I am not and I don't know why he did that!
10. __PUT ASIDE__ a little money every week and you will soon have enough to buy the new bicycle you want.
11. I have __PUT ON__ five kilos since Christmas! I can't believe it. It's a diet for me.
12. __PUT ME DOWN__ (me) as "Don't Know" for the party on Saturday and I'll let you know for certain tomorrow.