Phrasal Verbs With "Put"
For each space in each sentence, use the verb put with one of the prepositions from the box.
1. We had to have our favourite cat _________________ last week. It was too ill and was suffering terribly.
2. I like this cake but don't give me too much or it'll just _________________ (me) completely.
3. Why don't you treat me with respect and not spend so much time _________________ (me)?
4. You don't _________________ your point very well in this paragraph. I think you should rewrite it.
5. My son really _________________ (us) hell when he was about 15. Always in trouble with the school and the police. Now he is an absolute angel.
6. But in those couple of years, I just couldn't _________________ him!
7. He confessed to the murder and the judge _________________ (him) for twenty years.
8. James _________________ the idea of selling the shares so he should get the credit, not me.
9. It was my boss who _________________ the story about me being pregnant. I am not and I don't know why he did that!
10. _________________ a little money every week and you will soon have enough to buy the new bicycle you want.
11. I have _________________ five kilos since Christmas! I can't believe it. It's a diet for me.
12. _________________ (me) as "Don't Know" for the party on Saturday and I'll let you know for certain tomorrow.