Phrasal Verbs With "Look"
For each space in each sentence, use the verb look with one of the prepositions from the box.
1. Can you __LOOK AFTER__ my pet goldfish for a few days while I am away on vacation?
2. Children often ___LOOK FORWARD___ to Christmas from November onwards.
3. If I try to read an English book, I get frustrated because I have to __LOOK UP__ too many words in the dictionary.
4. The teacher was sacked because he had ___LOOKED ON___ while two student were fighting and had done nothing to stop them.
5. My teacher __LOOKED OVER__ my composition quickly before I gave it in just to see I had answered the question correctly.
6. ___LOOKING AHEAD___ to tomorrow evening on Channel 4, we have a documentary about the Middle East.
7. Hank has always __LOOKED UP TO__ his Uncle Peter. He treats him like a hero.
8. If you are going to the supermarket, can you __LOOK OUT__ for that new make of butter I was tying to find the other day.
9. I have been __LOOK FOR__ my mobile phone all morning. I can't find it anywhere.
10. Police are __LOOKING INTO___ reports of a strange flying object last night. Many people are convinced it was a flying saucer.