Phrasal Verbs With "Go"
For each space in each sentence, use the verb go with one of the prepositions from the box.
1. Susan has __GONE DOWN WITH__ the flu and can't accompany us to the theatre this evening. What a shame!
2. Steve's dishonesty at the meeting has really made me __GO OFF__ him.
3. I want to __GO OVER__ the solution again. I didn't really understand it.
4. The Hornets need to win their final match by two points to __GO THROUGH__ to the final.
5. A car bomb __WENT OFF__ in Madrid this morning near the parliament. Nobody was injured.
6. If you keep __GOING ON__ about your damn new car anymore, I will stop listening to you. Change the subject!
7. If you try to sell this on the open market, it could __GO FOR__ around $5000.
8. If the President makes a speech about raising taxes, it won't __GO OVER__ very well.
9. Something has __GONE OFF__ in this fridge. There's a terrible smell!
10. After the divorce, I __WENT THROUGH__ a lot before finding my self-confidence again.