Phrasal Verbs With "Give"
For each space in each sentence, use the verb give with one of the prepositions from the box.
1. We wanted to keep Debbie's birthday party a secret, but Hank has a big mouth and ___GAVE IT AWAY___. (it)
2. Your son is a wonderful student and even helps me __GIVE OUT__ worksheets to the whole class at the start of every lesson.
3. I have to __GIVE UP__ all fatty foods if I really want to lose weight.
4. Eventually, one of the wrestlers held the other one until he __GAVE IN__.
5. I found a box of some strange substance in the river. It __GAVE OFF__ a strange odor so I left it where it was and called the police.
6. Hurry to that furniture shop on the high street - they are __GIVING AWAY__ a television with every sofa purchased.
7. If your husband loses his job, you will have to ___GIVE UP___ this house and move into an apartment.
8. At the end of the exam, __GIVE YOUR PAPERS IN__ (your papers) to Miss Grant, who will pass from desk to desk.