Phrasal Verbs With "Get"
For each space in each sentence, use the verb get with one of the prepositions from the box.
1. I was late for work because I didn't __GET UP___ in time.
2. Can we finish this tomorrow? I am really tired and it's ___GETTING ON___.
3. That fat kid always ___GETS OUT____ of doing sport for some reason or other.
4. The buses in this town are awful and I prefer to use my mountain bike to ___GET AROUND____.
5. It is raining again. Weather like this really ___GETS ME DOWN____ (me).
6. The killer ___GOT AWAY WITH____ his crime because the police couldn't find any evidence.
7. I asked him to look for that report but he said he never had time to ___GET AROUND TO___ doing it. He is lazy, I think!
8. We will find it easier to ___GET BY___ once you get that part-time job at the supermarket.
9. She never ___GOT OVER___ losing that dream job of hers and has been depressed ever since.
10. He didn't ___GET ON___ with his boss and finally decided to leave the company rather than stay there working for him.
11. I can't ___GET THROUGH____ to Tom on this phone - there's no signal in this building.
12. You need to ___GET ACROSS___ to your wife how terrible life would be without her. Maybe then, she will change her mind about the divorce.
13. ___GET BACK___ from the building now!! If the roof collapses, you will get hurt.