That's Not A Verb! Worksheet 2
Look at the list of nouns in the box below. They are also all, incredibly, verbs. Try to select the correct ones to fill the spaces
1. Do you remember the name of that science fiction film which __STARS__ George Clooney?
2. It's not possible that we haven't sold anything at all in Japan these last six months. I think these sales figures have been __DOCTORED__.
3. John Giles has been transferred to our London office to __HEAD__ up our European expansion plan.
4. If you want to buy the car, you will have to __TABLE__ a bid at the auction like everyone else.
5. Can you come over and __WATER__ my plants for a few weeks while I am on my honeymoon?
6. Before we finish tonight, I would like to __TOAST__ the happy couple and wish them all the best for the future.
7. We have to __SCREEN__ everyone coming to work for us due to security considerations.
8. The President explained to parliament that he didn't think it was a good idea to __ARM__ the rebel army in the south of the country.
9. You really __FLOORED__ me with that news. I just couldn't believe it.
10. I won't be certain about my availability for Tuesday night until tomorrow, but you can __PENCIL__ me in for the conference and I will let you know if I can't make it.
11. The new job means a lot more money but I will have to __SHOULDER__ a lot more responsibility too.
12. We have to __LOG__ the arrival and departure of every person. Then the list gets sent up to security every evening.
Can you think of more usual verbs that could be used for each question?