"Needn't Have" or "Didn't Need To" Worksheet.
For each sentence, choose either "Needn't Have" or "Didn't Need To" to fill the spaces.
Needn't Have - You did something which was unnecessary but you didn't know it was unnecessary.
Didn't Need To - You did something which was unnecessary and you knew it was unnecessary.
1. I __________ (go) to work today but I went as I knew they were really busy on this new contract.
2. I __________ (take) any money to the museum - I didn't realise it was free to enter.
3. Sheila __________ (got) a taxi to the party. I would have given her a lift in my car.
4. Oh Mike, you __________ (buy) me anything for my birthday! A simple card would have been perfectly acceptable.
5. Today was the last day of school and we __________ (attend) classes in the afternoon.
6. We went for a lovely walk in the woods yesterday. We took a huge picnic with us but there was a café there anyway. We __________ (take) anything!
7. Our boss told us we had an extra three days to finish the project so we __________ (work) so hard.
8. You __________ (say) anything to Carla about the broken vase. She understood what had happened anyway.