Phrasal Verbs A-B, Correct or Wrong?
Look at these sentences that all contain phrasal verbs that all begin with the letters A and B. Which phrasal verbs are being used correctly? Is each sentence Correct or Wrong?
- The police arrested the politician when they realized something didn't add up about his story.
- The criminal threatened to kill a hostage, but he backed on after an hour of negotiations.
- These graphs are confusing, but read my report where all the statistics are broken down more clearly.
- Let's break to tradition this year and visit my parents for Thanksgiving.
- We're bringing the meeting forward by a week because Mr. Willis is going to Japan.
- Your sister bumped up to an old friend in town yesterday. She was so happy.
- Everything was silent, then Jenny burst up laughing and soon everyone was laughing.
- He bought off the prison guard and managed to escape in the middle of the night.