Expressions With Common Verbs
Use either "get", "make", "have" or "do" in these sentences. Make sure you choose the correct tense too.
1. I don't ______ what you're saying. Can you explain it all again?
2. John ______ accepted for a job in the software company. He's so happy.
3. If you ______ your best, nobody can ask anything more of you.
4. How did this vase ______ broken? Your mother will be furious.
5. After an hour in the gym, I ______ a shower and came straight home.
6. Somebody ______ me wear this awful hat. I didn't want to!
7. This is an old photo and it's in terrible condition. I can't ______ out what's happening.
8. Go and ______ that old watch of mine. I need to check something.
9. The final performer ______ top marks and won the competition.
10. Why did you tell everyone I didn't like Jane? I ______ like her - it's her mother I don't like!