He Said I Told Him To Say It
Look at these sentences which use "say" and "tell". Which ones are correct and which are wrong.
- I told "goodbye" to John but he just ignored me completely.
- Mike told me to come and see you immediately.
- Say "goodnight" to your uncle and then we can go.
- Helen told me about your broken leg. How did that happen?
- I told that I didn't want to go the same restaurant again.
- What did she tell her mother?
- What did she say to her mother?
- What did she say her mother?
- John said a terrible joke at the party and no-one laughed - except him of course!
- Kathy told her turn the television on so she could watch her favourite soap opera.
- I said John that I can't come to the party tomorrow. Sorry!