Under And Over Prefixes
Use either "under" or "over" as the prefix to complete each of these sentences.
1. Helen looks __UNDER__weight to me, she should eat more. She's too thin!
2. The car was damaged when Mike and his brother __OVER__loaded it when they were moving house.
3. Are you sure this fish is okay? It's all pink. I think you __UNDER__cooked it. Put it in the oven for another ten minutes.
4. I've __OVER__slept again - it's nearly nine o'clock and I have to be in the office in fifteen minutes. Call a cab!
5. Many of the prisons in the world are __OVER__crowded. Conditions are sometimes very bad with two or three prisoners in a single cell.
6. Let's leave this store, everything is __OVER__priced. Look at that book - $45!
7. "I feel ill." "I'm not surprised! You __OVER__ate at that dinner last night. Every time I looked at you, you were eating!"
8. I think we should go back to the restaurant. I think I __UNDER__paid. I have $20 more in my wallet than I should have.