Intermediate Verbs Gap Fill Worksheet
Choose from this list of verbs to complete the sentences. One verb is used TWICE.
escape - save - beat - lift - swim - find - hear
- We so wanted to go on that vacation but weren't able to ______ enough to afford it.
- They played hide and seek in the garden and nobody managed to ______ Toby because he'd gone home!
- Are you able to ______ yourself up from the bath without any help?
- I managed to ______ all the files before the computer stopped working.
- Despite the fire, everyone was able to ______.
- I could ______ when I was that young, but I couldn't read or write until I was four.
- I couldn't ______ you at tennis even if you played with one hand!
- Speak up, Tim. I can't ______ you from back here.