Time Expressions Gap Fill Worksheet
Choose one of the words/expressions from the table to put into each gap. Sometimes, there is more than one answer possible.
as soon as
1. My mother worked for 42 years as a nurse __UNTIL__ she retired.
2. The movie had already begun __BEFORE__ we got to the cinema.
3. My sister always gets up __AS SOON AS__ she wakes up.
4. __WHEN__ I had finished my lunch, I went out.
5. You watched TV __FOR__ three hours last night. Tonight, you have to do your homework!
6. I got home __JUST AS/AS__ the mailman arrived and he gave me three postcards from Leo.
7. __WHILE__ we were on vacation in Paris, we met a lot of friendly people.
8. __BEFORE__ leaving, send that e-mail to the sales department.
9. It wasn't the first time I'd met him. We'd met __BEFORE__, in the 1980s.
10. __JUST AS/WHILE__ the crowd was leaving, somebody shouted "fire" and started a panic.