Past Perfect Gap Fill Worksheet
Fill in the correct form of the verb for each sentence. You will need to use auxiliary verbs.
1. When I got home, the neighbor said that my dog ______________ (bark) for an hour.
2. I ______________ (sit) on my front porch when I saw the eagle.
3. When I called up, he told me that he ______________ (eat) lunch an hour ago.
4. When I woke up, it ______________ (snow) for several hours, and it was still coming down.
5. The people sitting behind us ______________ (talk) through the whole movie.
6. When I got home, the children said they ______________ (do) their homework all evening and now they were done.
7. I was going to help my brother fix his car, but when I called him he told me he ______________ (already fix) it.
8. The driver ______________ (text) when she hit the pedestrian.
9. By the time I was ten, I ______________ (live) in three different states.
10. By the time we reached our destination, we ______________ (drive) for eight hours straight.