Intermediate Level >> Grammar Worksheets >> Fill in the spaces in each of these sentences with the correct relative clause: which, that, whose, where, who, etc.
Relative Clause Gap Fill
- Dallas is the city __WHERE__ Kennedy was shot.
- Bill Clinton was the president __WHOSE__ wife was called Hillary.
- Sunday is the day __WHEN__ most countries respect a day of rest in the week.
- Rotterdam is the port __WHICH__ is the busiest in Europe.
- Yasser Arafat is the person __WHO__ is the Palestinian leader.
- Robinson Crusoe is the fictional character __WHOSE__ companion was Man Friday.
- Smog is the thing __WHICH__ is a combination of fog and smoke, or pollution.
- Rum is the strong drink __WHICH__ is associated with the Caribbean.
- The Euro is the currency __WHICH__ is used in most of Europe.
- Napoleon is the man __WHOSE__ wife was called Josephine.
- A metallurgist is a person __WHO__ studies metals.
- Hiroshima is the place __WHERE__ the first atomic bomb was dropped.
- 1914 is the year __WHEN__ the First World War started.
- Your mother-in-law is the person __WHOSE__ son or daughter is married to you.
- A stapler is a thing __WHICH__ you use to attach papers together.