Intermediate Level >> Grammar Worksheets >> The difference between 'must' and 'have to' used in affirmative sentences is a fine one indeed. If you really want to get involved with such delicate differences, this worksheet will help you help your students.
'must' and 'have to' Differences
For each space, choose which is better - must or have to.
1. Professor Watkins told me today that I __________ give in that assignment by Friday at the latest.
2. John! This is a one way street. You __________ turn back and use Smith Street.
3. My back has been hurting for weeks. I __________ go to the doctor's.
4. My company said that if I want this promotion, I __________ go to the doctor's for a thorough medical check-up first.
5. I went to see "Alien 9" at the cinema last night. What a great film! You __________ go and see it!
6. Jane. Thanks for everything. It was a great party. I __________ go now. I am really tired.
7. Jane. Thanks for everything. It was a great party. I __________ go now. My husband is waiting for me outside.
8. I am taking out a bank loan this month. I __________ pay a lot of taxes all together.
9. Hey, you boys!! You are not supposed to be in this room. You __________ leave now!!
10. The local council is really strict about protecting that piece of lawn! You __________ walk around it!