Modals of Deduction Worksheet.
For each sentence, choose between can't, might or must to fill each space.
1. Your mother MUST be a great cook. You are always so keen to get back home to eat!
2. I don't know why I am so tired these days. I MIGHT be working too hard. Or maybe I am not sleeping too well.
3. Do you know where Carl is? He CAN'T be out - his car keys are on the table.
4. You seem to know everything about the theatre. You MUST go every week.
5. To give the promotion to Harold was silly. He CAN'T know much about this company after only a year working here.
6. Go and look in the kitchen for your gloves. They MIGHT be in there.
7. Oh, the phone is ringing. Answer it. It MUST be Kate. She always rings at this time.
8. Dan has been drinking that whiskey since early this afternoon. He MUST be totally drunk by now.
9. That couple CAN'T think much of this film. They're leaving already - after only 20 minutes!
10. That's the second new car they have bought this year. They MUST be very rich!