Internet Vocabulary Worksheet
1. Did you see that __BANNER__ on the CNN site yesterday. It was for a children's charity and looked interesting so I clicked on it.
2. I don't like visiting sites where there are too many __POP-UPS__. It takes me so long to close them all!!
3. Many people __DOWNLOAD__ songs off the internet and listen to them on their computers.
4. "Is the __URL__ of the BBC bbc.com or bbc.co.uk?" "The second one I think."
5. My computer is working perfectly but my __MODEM__ is broken so I can't access the internet at all.
6. I found a great site about butterflies yesterday but now I can't find it again. I went to one of the main __SEARCH ENGINES__ and typed in the __SEARCH TERM__ "amazon butterflies" but I don't remember which one it was.
7. Sometimes if you look at a website with Internet Explorer and then open up a different __BROWSER__, the site will look very different.
8. This photo is taking too long to load, it is over 800 __KILOBYTES__. I think I will see it when I have more time.
9. I like that website but now they want everyone to pay a __SUBSCRIPTION__ of $20 a month so I will go and find a free site elsewhere.
10. We found a great internet __PORTAL__ yesterday that I'd never seen before. You can have an e-mail account, get news about your favourite sport and even use their chat rooms. And it has a search function too.
11. Amazon uses __COOKIES__ a lot which means they can give you a personal welcome back message every time you visit their site.